Savantes Seville 2013
Tasting the World’s Leading Olive Oils
Seville, Spain - 13th - 15th March, 2013
In 13 years Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes has held over 25 olive oil tasting programmes in many countries – Spain, Italy, United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
During this time the three-day programme has evolved into one of the world’s leading independent forums for the commercially important attributes of extra virgin olive oil. Participants in the programme are able to:
- Taste the wide range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from many regions around the world
- Taste international award winners from the northern and southern hemispheres
- Evaluate your own new season extra virgin olive oil by comparison
- Discuss market trends in producing and importing countries
- Explore the culinary and health selling points of extra virgin olive oil
- Make friends and expand your networks worldwide
- Practice your blending skill
- Achieve recognition of your own tasting ability and knowledge by becoming an Associate Savante or Member of the Register of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes
The format of Savantes has changed. While retaining the guidance given to relatively inexperienced tasters, we have recognised that more experienced tasters are participating to experience the range of oils uniquely brought together. So we have shifted the emphasis from formal presentations to moderated discussion of relevant data provided and greater participation in taste and flavour description.
The 2013 Seville Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes programme will be lead by Simon Field. For more information about Simon, as well as previous Savantes presenters, visit the presenters page.
Register of International Savantes
During the session ‘Testing Your Skills as a Taster’ on day 3, participants can opt to be evaluated for Associate Savante status and Membership of the Register of International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes.
The taste tests assess tasting skill and knowledge of the range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from around the world.
To achieve Associate Savante status a score of 60% is required, a score of 80% gives the participant full Savante status and Membership of the Savantes Register.
Certificate of Attendance
All participants in the Savantes programme receive a Certificate of Attendance at the conclusion of the last session.